More than 70 volunteers are needed each year to help make the PMA Annual Meeting a success. Volunteering is a great way to network while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the conference! A PMA member has the opportunity to participate as a volunteer at the PMA’s Annual Meeting in a variety of capacities, including proctoring, registration, customer service, production and more. Volunteers work during the three full days of the Annual Meeting, where they also attend workshops and mat classes on a space available basis.
You commit to:
- Complete at least 12 hours of volunteer work at the conference during November 4 – 7, 2020.
In return you get:
- A deeply discounted volunteer event fee for the conference
- Two fabulous volunteer t-shirts sure to be the envy of all conference goers
- 10 CECs for volunteering PLUS additional CECs for workshops/mat classes you attend off shifts
- 3 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- Discounted member dues (contingent on early arrival dates). (Hotel accommodations and transportation are not provided.)
- You must be a PMA member in order to serve as a conference volunteer, and your membership must be current through the conference dates. (If you are interested in volunteering and would like to become a member, please visit this link.)
- You must be enthusiastic and reliable!
What jobs will I perform as a volunteer?
- Volunteers at the conference serve in one of five capacities — Room Proctors, Scanners, Greeters, Registration, and Floaters.
What are the volunteer rules?
- PMA Volunteers are charged a $175.00 event fee to participate at the conference.
- Pre and post conference workshops are not included in the event fee for volunteers. If these sessions do not interfere with your schedule, you can pay to attend them and receive CECs for each.
- Volunteers may only participate in mat classes and workshops if space is available.
What is the cancellation policy?
VOLUNTEER CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds will be made for cancellations sent via email to Tanya Nieto-Winzey – firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation emails must be dated on or before August 31, 2020, and will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations received on or after September 1, 2020. If you cancel a pre-conference or post-conference workshop at any time, a $25 cancellation fee will be applied. The PMA reserves the right to substitute Workshops or Presenters at any time.
Please note that when issuing a refund for volunteer event fees, the PMA will deduct both the cancellation fee and the credit card transaction fee (4% of original transaction) from the balance due.
- Volunteers are not able to choose their shifts
- Volunteers will be placed in block schedules (morning shift or afternoon shift)
- Volunteers will be assigned one position type (scanner, proctor, greeter, registration, floater) for the entire conference
What does my $175 event fee pay for?
- Administration: The PMA employs full time staff to build partnerships and recruit, support, and manage volunteers. There is a lot of work that goes into ensuring the volunteer program is set up and you are supported before and during the conference.
- Recruiting Volunteers & Volunteer Management Software: A portion of the volunteer fee goes directly into maintaining our volunteer recruitment drive for the future to ensure a consistent flow of volunteers. Additionally, a portion of the fee helps pay for our Volunteer Management Software, which we use to schedule and communicate with volunteers.
- Supervising Volunteers: Fees paid by volunteers help the PMA provide a trained, professional group leader who works alongside the volunteers and is with the group 24/7 during the conference to provide regular coordination and direction.
- Meals: A portion of the fee helps cover meals for volunteers.
For more information regarding the $175 event fee please click here.