More than 100 volunteers are needed each year to help make the PMA Annual Meeting a success. Volunteering is a great way to network while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the conference! A PMA member has the opportunity to participate as a volunteer at the PMA’s Annual Meeting in a variety of capacities, including proctoring, registration, customer service, production and more. Volunteers work during the three full days of the Annual Meeting, where they also attend workshops and mat classes on a space available basis.
You commit to:
- Complete at least 12 hours of volunteer work at the conference during October 24 – 27, 2018.
In return you get:
- A deeply discounted volunteer event fee for the conference
- Two fabulous volunteer t-shirts sure to be the envy of all conference goers
- 8 CECs for volunteering PLUS additional CECs for workshops/mat classes you attend off shifts
- 3 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- Discounted member dues (contingent on early arrival dates). (Hotel accommodations and transportation are not provided.)
- You must be a PMA member in order to serve as a conference volunteer, and your membership must be current through the conference dates. (If you are interested in volunteering and would like to become a member, please visit this link.)
- You must be enthusiastic and reliable!
What jobs will I perform as a volunteer?
- Volunteers at the conference serve in four capacities — Room Proctors, Scanners, Greeters, Registration, and Floaters.
What are the volunteer rules?
- PMA Volunteers are charged a $150.00 event fee to participate at the conference.
- Pre and post conference workshops are not included in the event fee for volunteers. If these sessions do not interfere with your schedule, you can pay to attend them and receive CECs for each.
- PMA Volunteers who cancel after they sign up to volunteer will be refunded $50.00 from the event fee. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Volunteers may only participate in mat classes and workshops if space is available.
What does my $150 event fee pay for?
- Administration: The PMA employs full time staff to build partnerships and recruit, support, and manage volunteers. There is a lot of work that goes into ensuring the volunteer program is set up and you are supported before and during the conference.
- Recruiting Volunteers & Volunteer Management Software: A portion of the volunteer fee goes directly into maintaining our volunteer recruitment drive for the future to ensure a consistent flow of volunteers. Additionally, a portion of the fee helps pay for our Volunteer Management Software, which we use to schedule and communicate with volunteers.
- Supervising Volunteers: Fees paid by volunteers help the PMA provide a trained, professional group leader who works alongside the volunteers and is with the group 24/7 during the conference to provide regular coordination and direction.
- Meals: A portion of the fee helps cover meals for volunteers.
For more information regarding the $150 event fee please click here.
Ready to get involved? Click here to fill out the application!