So, you want to present research? Awesome!
2018 Call for Reasearch – Deadline is May 1, 2018
The promotion of research within the field of Pilates represents a level of development and growth that is invaluable for the Pilates teacher that wants to remain at the cutting edge of scientific understanding and validation of the Pilates Method. Research studies undertaken at a university, college, research organization, or by an individual will be considered.
Your research methodology must provide minimally one of the following levels of evidence:
- Systematic reviews
- Randomized controlled trials
- Cohort Studies
There are two main research application categories:
- Oral Platform AND Poster Presentation
- Poster Presentation Only
Oral Platform: you present your research in front of an audience
Poster Presentation: you create a poster board detailing your research for display in the research booth in the expo hall
Your study must fall under one of the categories below:
- Meta-Analysis or Systematic Review
- Randomized Controlled Trial
- Non-Randomized Controlled Trial
- Descriptive Study
- Observational Study
- Pre-Post Design Study
- Case Study (Prospective)
- Case Report (Retrospective)
- Literature Review
- Expert Opinion
When filling out your application be prepared to:
- Upload an abstract
- Upload references
- Upload a headshot
- Upload a short bio (100 words max)
If you have a Research Abstract with Co-Authors:
- You may add up to 3 co-authors to your abstract submission. Only one author will present their work at the Research Forum, if chosen.
When submitting your application you understand that:
- You are able to add up to 3 co-authors to my submission. Only 1 author will be able to presenter the work, if chosen.
- Complimentary 1-Day Pass.